Compact and stylish, the RHMM701 is the perfect everyday microwave, ideal for cooking a variety of meals in minutes. The chic and trim design means you have flexibility in choosing the perfect spot to show off your new appliance.Once you have prepared the microwave for first use, simply place your food in suitable cookware, open the door and position onto the assembled turntable. Next all you need to do is select a power level and the cooking time required by turning the easy to use dials, found on the control panel. The internal microwave light lets you know that cooking is in progress.When the cooking cycle has finished the microwave has a handy ringer function that will sound to alert you. And that’s it! Cooking has never been so easy.With the RHMM701 you can tailor cooking to suit your recipe using the 5 power levels available for selection. For added functionality, there’s also an essential defrost setting, saving you time so that you can cook meals straight from the freezer.Easy to clean, simply wipe with a damp cloth to maintain excellent performance. Choose the RHMM701 for the ultimate in microwave cooking convenience.30 minute timer with a large dial display.
1 x Russell Hobbs Microwave 1 x Turntable 1 x Turntable Shaft
From the manufacturer
Russell Hobbs Compact 17L Microwave
Simple and easy to use, this microwave provides you quick and convenient cooking. With two simple control dials, set your desired power level and time and the microwave cooks your food just how you like it.
Recipe Ideas for your Russell Hobbs Microwave
Rocky Road Cake in a Mug
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 medium egg
3 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp self-raising flour
4 tbsp mini marshmallows
1 tbsp raisins
2 tbsp. broken rich tea biscuits
1. Add the butter to a large microwavable mug of at least 350ml. Microwave for 10-20 seconds to melt.
2. Add the cocoa powder and stir to combine. Next add the egg and sugar, beating with a fork.
3. Add the flour and beat again until smooth.
4. Stir in most of the marshmallows, raisins and biscuits and sit the remaining on top.
5. Cook on full power for 1 minute 40 seconds. Check that the mixture is cooked. If not, add time and check at 30 second intervals until it is completely cooked through.
Fuss-Free Poached Egg
1 medium egg
Pinch of salt
Recently boiled water
1. Using water from a recently boiled kettle, half fill a microwavable mug.
2. Add a pinch of salt and carefully crack the egg into the water.
3. Microwave on full power for 30 seconds.
4. Check the egg. If necessary, cook for a further 30-45 seconds, checking at 15 second intervals until poached to the desired consistency.
5. Drain and serve.
Why not try…
Serving with toasted English muffins, steamed spinach and Hollandaise sauce
1 medium baking potato
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Thoroughly wash and dry the potato.
2. Using a fork pierce the potato skin in 4 or 5 places.
3. Rub the oil and sea salt into the potato. This helps to crisp up the skin for an oven-style jacket potato.
4. Place on a microwavable plate and cook on full power for 4 minutes.
5. Turn the potato and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, checking the progress at 1 minute intervals.*
6. Serve with your favourite filling.
*Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the potato
Steamed Salmon, Potatoes and Asparagus
2 salmon fillets
300g baby potatoes
1 tsp butter
2 slices lemon
1 tbsp. chopped dill
Salt and pepper
1. Place the potatoes in a microwavable container with the butter. Season and cover with cling film. Cook on full power for 4-5 minutes or until cooked. Keep covered.
2. Meanwhile, place the salmon in a microwavable container with the lemon and dill. Season and cover with cling film. As soon as the potatoes are cooked, cook the salmon on full power for 3 minutes. If necessary, extend the cooking time by up to 2 minutes, checking at regular intervals until the salmon is cooked through.
3. Finally, wash and trim the asparagus, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes, then serve with the salmon and potatoes.
Microwave ovens do not generate any heat themselves but instead cause water molecules in food to vibrate. This vibration produces heat that cooks the food. This is why your food will come out of the microwave piping hot, when your utensils inside the microwave stay much cooler.
Microwaves cannot go through metal, so the inside of the appliance is lined with metal. The door is lined with a fine metal mesh which stops microwaves getting through.
Avoid using scouring pads, steel wool or other abrasives. Warm soapy water and a sponge should get rid of all moisture and food spillages.
How to get the best cooking results
With five microwave power levels to choose from, you can ensure all your food is cooked or re-heated to the optimum temperature.
This microwave has automatic defrost settings, all you have to do is input the weight of the food and the microwave selects the ideal defrost time.
Auto Cook Menus
The RHMM701 also features pre-programmed auto cook menus such as pizza, fish and popcorn, allowing you to cook all your favourite food at the push of a button.
To avoid any microwave mishaps it is recommended to take extra care with the following: